Sunday, February 10, 2019

Libbey Cocktails for Four - Silver Band Cocktail Set


I have owned quite a few glasses, pitchers and cocktail sets in clear glass with a silver band on the top rim or slightly below the rim. I have only had one so far in the original box so I was absolutely sure of the maker. 














I have seen sets listed as Libbey, Dorothy Thorpe, Dorothy Thorpe style, Princess House and just silver or platinum band. This set I then found in the 1965 Libbey's Premier Catalog Supplement. When I looked through the catalogs this is the first year I found them but they were made for quite a few years later. So, then besides the maker I also had the full description and approximate age.



The bands are platinum and it was originally this 6 piece set - pitcher, 4 Tempo cocktails, and a metal stir spoon. The prices sellers ask vary greatly. When I just looked on Etsy the same set has sellers asking from $29.50 all the way up to $150.00. I sold my set a couple of years ago for $32.00 - I guess I'm one of the lower priced sellers.




No comments:

Post a Comment