Saturday, February 9, 2019

Welcome to my blog


I started getting interested in vintage and antique items when I moved from a single-wide trailer (12' X 60') into a 12 room, 3,400 square foot home that we had deeds for going back to 1854 (shown below). The local historical society thought it had been built in the 1840s. It was a 2 family when we purchased it and remained that way for a few years until our tenant (the previous owner) went into a nursing home. When we converted it to a one family I had a lot of rooms to fill but not much money to shop. So, I started going to garage and estate sales, church rummage sales, estate auctions, etc. I became hooked and my furnishing and collections grew and grew.



After 20 years of living there the time came to move into a small ranch home with my new husband. He had been living there since he built it in 1978 so it was already furnished. I gave away some things, he sold some items, I sent a large truck load to an auction house and moved the rest into our basement.

After a while I started sorting through the basement and decided it was time to part with some of the excess. My daughter's mother-in-law suggested that I sell them on Etsy and I have been selling there from my shop - www.etsy.com/shop/PJsParadise since April of 2012.

My favorite things to find (and sometimes sell - if I can part with them) are vintage items in their original boxes. When I find one I immediately know most of the history of the item I have. I decided I would like to share some of these items to help others in their research. I'll probably also throw in some of my favorite finds and some personal stories, too. I hope you enjoy it and welcome any comments.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Bruce just asked the other day if you were still selling on Etsy. I'm glad to see you started this blog up. You know I love vintage and I can't wait to learn more tricks of the trade and read some interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete